Penny Appeal Australia Constitution.
Not For Profit
Penny Appeal Australia is registered with ASIC as a company limited by guarantee Not for Profit. Clause 8, within the Constitution, emphasizes Not-for-profit nature of the organisation.
8.1 The company must not distribute any income or assets directly or indirectly to its members, except as provided in clauses 8.2 and 69.
8.2 Clause 8.1 does not stop the company from doing the following things, provided they are done in good faith:
(a) paying a member for goods or services they have provided or expenses they have properly incurred at fair and reasonable rates or rates more favourable to the company, or
(b) making a payment to a member in carrying out the company’s charitable purpose(s).
The organisations objectives within the Constitution is at follows:
To provide direct relief from poverty or distress to people throughout the world without any judgement of nationality, race, religious beliefs, ethnic origin, creed, gender or sexual preference. The Company intends to provide direct relief including food, clothing, water, education and vocational training, medical aid and shelter.
1) To further these objectives, direct relief will be provided to those affected by poverty or distress due to:
- Abject poverty or hardship
- Natural disasters including earthquakes, floods, droughts, famine, tsunamis and wildfires
- Acute hunger or starvation
- Man-made disasters including civil unrest, acts of war and oppression
- Those in need of shelter or housing
- Internally displaced persons/communities
- The elderly, and those unable to support themselves by reason of illness or disability, whether temporary or permanent
2) Furthermore, to the objects of the Company stated in clause 2.4 a), the Company will within Australia, provide direct relief to individuals and/or communities faced with poverty or distress due to:
- Victims of a natural disaster
- Harm due to abuse or addiction
Public trust and confidence underpins support for Penny Appeal Australia. We aim to be transparent and accountable in everything we do and pride ourselves in meeting all legal and reporting obligations. Penny Appeal Australia has ensured that all registrations have been obtained to be compliant with the Australia Law pertaining to INGO operations.
COMPLIANCE WITH AUSTRALIAN LAW
As such Penny Appeal Australia is registered with the following regulatory bodies
Legal structure being a Company Limited By Guarantee – Not for Profit
The national charity regulator
Endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient. Donations to Penny Appeal Australia are Tax Deductible
The authority to fund
raise in the states where we operate
Penny Appeal Australia is in the process of becoming an ACFID Code of Conduct Signatory. The Code is recognised by the UN as Best Practice in NGO management.
Penny Appeal Australia is in process of being a Code signatory and member of Fundraising Institute of Australia.
In addition to the above, Penny Appeal Australia has also a signatory to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs in Disaster Relief Code of Conduct. (https://media.ifrc.org/ifrc/who-we-are/the-movement/code-of-conduct/signatories-to-the-code-of-conduct/)